New Season Dates and COVID Requirements
Welcome to the 2020 season of Football with Brooklyn Northern United Junior Football Club!
The season might have been delayed and a little different this year, but we can’t wait to get started and look forward to a fun and positive season ahead.
Included below is important information regarding the upcoming season so please take a read.
Season Dates and Change of Season End Date
The 2020 football season will start:
- Saturday 13 June for Grades 7 thru 12.
- Sunday 14 June for First Kicks and Girls Only.
- U13 and U15 teams will be on Saturday 6 June.
The season will now extend until 27 September. There will be no competition games scheduled for the middle weekend of the July school holidays.
Weekly match times and locations will be confirmed by your Team Coach/Manager but can also be confirmed on the Capital Football website.
In response to COVID-19 there are additional requirements expected of everyone attending both practice sessions and competition games.
- Contact tracing should be completed by parents – for both themselves and on behalf of their children - using either the iDMe app or the register provided by the coach/manager on site.
- Hand washing before and after practice and games – either using toilet facilities provided at venues or sanitiser that will be provided by the coaches.
- Equipment will be disinfected at the end of each practice/match
- There will be no hand shaking at the end of games and food cannot be shared - no team oranges!
- Wellington City Council have advised that toilets at grounds will be available to use but not for changing in.
Your Team Coach/Manager will contact you to confirm team training times and they will be your regular contact during the season. If you haven’t heard from them already please send us an email so we can follow up!
Your BNUJFC team shirt, Alliance team shirt or First Kicks T-shirt will be given to you by your Team Coach/Manager/Coordinator at your first practice.
Remember, you need to provide your own:
- Black Shorts
- BNUJFC socks (can be purchased from Kilbirnie Sports)
- Football boots*
It is compulsory for all players - excluding First Kicks - to wear shin pads and football boots.
*We do offer a fantastic boot swap service, please contact Ian for details
Seasons Fee Payments
If you haven’t already made payment of your season fees please do so immediately. Instructions regarding registration, fees costs and making payment can be found here.
This year we are offering BNUJFC members – both adults and children! - the opportunity to purchase branded hoodies, with the option of a personalised nickname printed on it.
These black AS Colour Supply hoodies have our logo screen printed in colour on the front, and the club name on the back in red and white. There is also the option to get your name, or your child’s name (or nickname) printed on the back of the hoodie.
To order one of these we need you to submit your order on or before 8 June.
Please click here to order.
Girls' Only Teams
For those players in an Alliance team - Alliance team communication will come from a joint BNU/WU committee using the email address wubnualliance AT gmail.com
Whole club communication will continue to come from BNUJFC directly.
If you are keen to help with your child's team on Saturdays by taking the whistle please email the club and we can arrange for the Introductory Referee Course.
And for everyone, please remember to respect the referees' decision.
Social Media - Consent
BNUJFC is keen to share photos or videos of players and team games on our social media channels over the period of the season - it's both a great way to show the fun that the players are having together with promoting the club across the community.
Your Team Manager or Coach will be providing you with a consent form for this purpose and if you're happy to do so, please complete this - any queries please contact us via email.